To reactivate your itsme® account you can follow the same steps as when creating your account:
- Download the itsme® app and enter your phone number
- Select the country of your ID document > "Luxembourg"
- Select your ID document. This step is used to digitalize the identity details.
Using the built-in scanner and camera, the itsme® app will decipher the code ("Machine Readable Zone") that appears on your eID. This long succession of characters, which features the last name, first name and a whole series of chevrons ‘<<<<<<’, enables the app to scan and record the details stated in the ID document.
- Hold the ID document against the back of the smartphone.
Just for a few seconds – no longer. That’s the time the app needs to use NFC technology to identify the ID data and the passport photo. At this stage, itsme® has taken note of the information stored in your eID or passport, as well as its validity.
- This step involves establishing whether you really are the owner of the ID document in question.To do this, hold your smartphone in front of your face, as though taking a selfie. But it’s not about taking a photo. No, the technology is now comparing the face it sees with the face on the eID of passport (liveness check).
- You will receive by text a verification code (5 digits). Enter the code in your app.
- Choose your 5-digit itsme®code and confirm
+ activate touch ID – fingerprint – face ID if you like it
Your account is ready for use again.