If you have a new smartphone or in case you would like to install the itsme® app again on another device, you can follow these steps. We always advise to uninstall the current itsme® version first and to download and install the new version of the app from the store. In that way you will always have the latest version.
Did you create your itsme® account with a Belgian eID or bank?
If you created your account with your bank card, then you can reactivate your account with that same bank card or with your eID card. If your account was created with your eID card, you can only reactivate with your eID card.
In order to reactivate through one of these banks, it is sufficient to open the itsme® app and select your bank from the list with banks. Next you will be redirected to the mobile bank app (Belfius and KBC/CBC) or to their mobile website (BNPPF/Hello Bank/Fintro/ING) where you can continue the procedure. Please mind that for reactivation via Belfius and KBC/CBC , their mobile bank app will need to be installed and activated on your smartphone.
Follow these steps to reactivate your account via eID on our website:
- Go to our website: https://my.prd.itsme.be/unblock
- Enter your phone number (without the first '0' eg. +32 477112233) and confirm that you are not a robot. Click "Reactivate my account"
- Verify your data and click again on "Reactivate my account"
- Download the Connective plugin in case it is not installed yet on your pc
- Connect your eID card reader and enter your eID card
- Verify your eID card number, accept the general terms and conditions and click "Continue"
Note down the token (6 symbols)
- Open the itsme app on your smartphone and enter your phone number
- Enter the token (6 symbols)
- Enter the 5 digit code you received by SMS
- Choose your personal itsme code (5 digits) and confirm the code
Did you create your itsme® account with a Dutch ID?
Reactivate your account
- Download the itsme® app and enter your phone number
- Select the country of your ID document > "Netherlands or Luxembourg"
- Select your ID document. This step is used to digitalize the identity details.
Using the built-in scanner and camera, the itsme® app will decipher the code ("Machine Readable Zone") that appears on your eID or passport. This long succession of characters, which features the last name, first name and a whole series of chevrons ‘<<<<<<’, enables the app to scan and record the details stated in the ID document.
- Hold the ID document against the back of the smartphone.
Just for a few seconds – no longer. That’s the time the app needs to use NFC technology to identify the ID data and the passport photo. At this stage, itsme® has taken note of the information stored in your eID or passport, as well as its validity.
- This step involves establishing whether you really are the owner of the ID document in question.
To do this, hold your smartphone in front of your face, as though taking a selfie. But it’s not about taking a photo. No, the technology is now comparing the face it sees with the face on the eID of passport (liveness check).
- You will receive a verification code (5 digits) by text message. Enter the code in your app.
- Choose your 5-digit itsme® code and confirm + activate touch ID – fingerprint – face ID if you like.