Do you have a new smartphone, or wish to activate the app after deleting or blocking it? Then read the following steps below to activate your account. You can activate your account on the one hand via your bank (BNPPF, Belfius, KBC, CBC, ING, Hello Bank or Fintro) or with your eID card.
Steps via eID
Requirements: your smartphone, a computer, your eID card + PIN and a card reader.
- Surf to www.itsme-ID.com and select “My account” and “Activate your itsme®"
- Enter the phone number linked to the ID you would like to reactivate
- Connect your eID card reader, enter the PIN code of your eID and confirm your ID details
- You receive an identification token
- Open the app and enter your phone number
- Enter the token
- Enter the verification code you received via text message
- Choose a 5-digit itsme®code. You can also activate your digital fingerprint or Face ID
Via your bank
You can activate your account through BNPPF, Belfius, KBC, CBC, ING, Hello Bank or Fintro, provided the bank has read your eID card.